Barnet Community Projects Youth Team empowers young people to achieve their potential in their individual lives and as a part of their wider community.
BCP Youth Team support local community development by:
- Providing youth projects in areas of social and economic deprivation.
- Working in partnership with local groups and individuals to maximise our combined efforts.
- Promoting social equality and diversity.
- Challenging young people to make positive changes and developments for themselves, and for others.
- Making a long term, sustainable commitment to an area.
BCP Youth Team serve young people by:
- Including people between 10-25 years, from all backgrounds and of all abilities.
- Enabling young people to develop new skills.
- Sparking young peoples’ interests, valuing their uniqueness and bringing to life the hopes and dreams inside them.
- Valuing their opinions so that young people actively lead the way, and shape our projects and activities.
- Encouraging them to make positive contributions to their community.
- Supporting young people into training and paid employment.
- Providing positive and inspiring role models.
- Fostering behaviours such as listening, respect, negotiation, thought before action, compassion.