Switch started at the end of 2010 and has thrived since then.
Our aim is to provide a safe environment for young people to engage in a positive activity and develop their skill within their discipline. Alongside this Switch seeks to engage with local communities and community organisations furthering partnership and bringing benefit to the wider community.
In the 3 Years the SkatePark has been operational our aims have been:
- To provide a positive activity for young people
- To act as a community hub within deprived/needy areas
- To enable effective community engagement on behalf and in partnership with local community focused groups
- To facilitate an environment in which young people and relevant authorities (police etc) can develop positive relationships
- To provide personal growth opportunities for staff and attendees, both within the sport and further development of life skills (job opportunities, management skills, team skills)
Please follow the link below to find out more about the project.